Healthcare Services for Athletes
Golden State Orthopedics & Spine provides a sports medicine program for professional, college, high school, club level, and weekend warrior athletes to enhance their athletic and orthopedic care through streamlined communication with coaches, athletic trainers, and the patients themselves.
FOR ATHLETIC TRAINERS AND COACHES:
A Comprehensive Approach to Sports Medicine
Athletes’ medical needs and concerns often go beyond injury treatments. Golden State Orthopedics & Spine offers a comprehensive sports medicine program to meet these needs providing our patients with continuity of care. Our sports treatment services include:
- Musculoskeletal and orthopedic injury treatment and rehabilitation
- Advanced concussion management and neuropsychiatric testing
- Pre-participation physical exams
- Exercise fitness testing and exercise prescription
- Diagnosis and management of acute and chronic musculoskeletal issues
- Exercise prescriptions for patients who are pregnant or have chronic medical conditions, such as diabetes or cardiac disease
- Addressing medical concerns related to sports participation, including eating disorders, exercise-induced asthma, and skin conditions
Our injury treatment program offers a direct line for athletic trainers and immediate appointments for injured athletes. We also offer in-office diagnostic imaging with X-rays and MRIs, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and custom bracing.
Additionally, our sports physicians provide training, education and professional care services to local teams through our Sports Partnership Program and on-site medical coverage for sporting events at our partner schools.
Treatments & Conditions
Sports injuries can happen as a result of accidents, overuse or even inadequate athletic gear or equipment. Common sports injuries treated by our physicians include:
Our urgent care center, Orthopedic Express, is a speciality walk-in orthopedic clinic where we can immediately treat all kinds of sports injuries. To learn more visit our orthopedic urgent care page.
WE TREAT ATHLETES OF ALL LEVELS!
In our minds, athletes of all ages and performance levels deserve the best care. When you go all-in with your sport, we go all-in to help you recover. Our Sports Medicine Doctors treat everything from minor twists and turns to major traumatic injuries. We offer both non-surgical and surgical treatments, depending on the nature of the injury.