DR SEAN GRIFFITHS
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
Can I See Dr Griffiths?
WALNUT CREEK SEQUOIA
2405 Shadelands Drive
Walnut Creek CA 94598
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Oakland, CA 94611
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
With Dr Griffiths
VELYS ROBOTIC SURGERY
VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution is a high-precision surgical robot used by our surgeons.
REVISION KNEE & HIP SURGERY
Dr is skilled in a knee revision which is the replacement of prosthetic implants in a person who previously had a total knee replacement.
TOTAL & PARTIAL HIP ARTHROPLASTY
Dr offers a partial hip replacement which is a surgery to replace only one part of a damaged hip.
TOTAL & PARTIAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY
Dr offers a partial knee replacement which is a surgery to replace only one part of a damaged knee.
ANTERIOR HIP PROCEDURE
Dr offers a Anterior hip replacement which is a surgical technique in which the hip joint is accessed through the front of the leg instead of the back.
About Dr Griffiths
Dr Griffiths is an orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in hip and knee replacement and revision surgery. He manages traumatic and degenerative diseases of the hip and knee in cooperation with his patients, focusing primarily on the operative and non-operative treatment of arthritis in all stages of the disease. He prefers a conservative approach to treatment, using counseling and education of non-operative treatment of arthritis such as joint injections and physical therapy, reserving surgery as the final treatment option. If surgery is necessary, he finds technology can be very helpful to achieve excellent, reproducible outcomes. Dr Griffiths grew up locally, and recently returned to the bay area with his wife and son to be close to family. When not seeing patients, he enjoys spending time with his family, pursuing personal health and fitness, and playing golf. Dr Griffiths sees orthopedics as an opportunity to dedicate himself to serving others and truly making a difference in their lives.
Dr Griffiths received his undergraduate degree from UCSD in Physiology and Neuroscience, followed by his D.O. from Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery internship and residency at Inspira Health, Rowan University, Vineland, New Jersey. Before joining Golden State Orthopedics & Spine he completed his fellowship in Adult Reconstruction at The CORE Institute in Phoenix, Arizona.
The CORE Institute Adult Reconstruction Fellowship, Phoenix, AZ.
Inspira Health Orthopaedic Surgery Residency/Rowan University, Vineland, NJ.
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, Vallejo, CA
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Science
Major in Physiology and Neuroscience
• American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• AOTrauma North America
• New Jersey Orthopedic Society
• Eastern Orthopedic Association
• Western Orthopedic Association
• 2020-2021 Chief Resident of Orthopaedic service at Inspira Health
• 2020-2021 Program Directors Award, Inspira Orthopaedic Residency Program
• 2019-2020 Inspira Health Orthopaedic Resident Research Award
• 2018-2019 Inspira Health Orthopaedic Resident Research Award
• 2016-2017 Inspira Health Orthopaedic Intern of the Year Award
1. “Efficacy of Adductor Canal Block Protocol Implementation in a Multimodal Pain Management Protocol for Total Knee Arthroplasty”, Deiter J, Ponzio DY, Grau L, Griffiths S, Ong A, Post Z, Doucette D, Orozco F. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2020 Jan-Feb;11(1):118-121. PMID: 32001998. https://doi:10.1016/j.jcot.2019.05.012.
2. “Impact of Resident Training Level on Radiation Exposure During Fixation of Proximal Femur Fractures”, Buxbaum E, Ponzio DY, Griffiths S, Wu E, Post Z, Orozco, F, Ong A. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2020 May;34(5):e170-e175. PMID: 31688438. doi:10.1097/BOT.0000000000001686.
3. “Predictors of Vancouver B Perioperative Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures Associated with the Direct Anterior Approach to Total Hip Arthroplasty”, Griffiths S, Post Z, Buxbaum E, Paziuk T, Orozco F, Ong A, Ponzio DY. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2020 May;35(5):1407- 1411. PMID: 31902614. https://doi:10.1016/j.arth.2019.12.009.
4. “Response to the Letter to the Editor on Predictors of Perioperative Vancouver B Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures Associated with the Direct Anterior Approach to Total Hip Arthroplasty”, Griffiths S, Post Z, Buxbaum E, Paziuk T, Orozco F, Ong A, Ponzio DY. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2020 June. 35(6):1753-1754. PMID: 32057602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.01.045.
5. “Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty: An Assessment of Content, Quality, and Readability of Available Internet Resources”, Griffiths S, Albana M, Bianco L, Pontes M, Wu E. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2021 Mar;36(3):946-952. PMID: 33109417 doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2020.09.033.
6. “Survivorship, Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes of a Novel Cementless Metal-Backed Patella Design”, Grau L, Ong A, Restrepo S, Griffiths S, Hozack W, Smith E. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2021 Feb. PMID: 33676814. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.02.032.
7. “A Rare T2-3 Synovial Facet Cyst Causing Progressive Myelopathy”, Albana M, Griffiths S, Radcliff K. Case Rep Orthop. 2021 Jun 29;2021:2799749. doi: 10.1155/2021/2799749. eCollection 2021.
About Dr Griffiths
Dr. Griffiths has been nothing but amazing. He took the time with my wife and I what the issues were with my knee. We did not get rushed and got a very good amount of time with him. We at no point ever felt rushed. He's an amazing person and doctor.
Very nice. Dr. Sean Griffiths listens to your concerns and way of life in order to give his recommendations.
Dr. Griffiths is a good doctor and a good guy. Goes over everything with you in a nice way and answers all your questions. Enjoyed
Dr Griffin is very professional. I saw him once at Golden State Orthopedic, in Walnut Creek he was efficient and as honest to tell me how the surgery scheduling would affect me if I wanted the soonest schedule. I understood what and how he explained it. I appreciated his integrity and honesty.
I came to visit the doctor for some pain on the side near my hip. The staff, a Golden State, is quick, Very efficient and pleasant. The doctor saw me right away. He gave me plenty of time to explain my situation examined me and then they took x-rays. After the review of the x-rays he determined that my situation was not serious and he explained succinctly what was going on. Was happy with the results and he gave me exercises to work on. I highly recommend Golden State. I have been going to their different doctors for years and results has always been excellent. Susan